Time-sensitive action is required for any players that wish to play on a competitive team this spring. In order to have a season we will need families and players to complete registration by February 14. Please read below for more information.
Bottom line up front:
- Any families interested in playing competitive soccer this spring must register by February 14th! Unfortunately there will be no exceptions to this date due to the very tight deadline with the state!
- Due to COVID restrictions, Chariho Youth Soccer Association (CYSA) has decided to run a competitive (travel) league only at this time.
- There will be no tryouts. All players are invited to register, but registration does not guarantee team placement – if participation numbers are high our limiting factor will likely be availability of certified coaches.
- Competitive fees remain unchanged, $125 per player. There is no fee to register for consideration. Fees are only due if player is rostered on a team. Should the spring season be cancelled prior to the first two weekends of play, Super Liga will refund 50% of fees. After the second weekend of the season there will be no refunds.
- Games begin the weekend of 4/10 and run until 6/12. No games Memorial Day weekend.
- If you are a new player or need new competitive uniforms you will need to place your order before March 6th (ordering information will be provided in a separate email to players who are placed on a team).
- COVID guidelines from Super Liga for players and spectators are included at the bottom of this message. All players must wear face coverings at all times, including while playing on the field. Every player will be allowed two spectators at each game. All spectators must wear a mask at all time and remain at least 14’ from the field and social distance at least 6’ from other spectators.
- Each team must have one or two volunteer COVID-19 coordinators at every home game that will monitor and enforce COVID-19 guidelines for players, coaches, referees, and spectators. These COVID coordinators cannot be players, coaches, or refs so we will need parents to help out with this and will provide the information/training to those that can help. Coaches will coordinate this with parents for their individual teams. This is a Super Liga requirement we must fulfill in order to play. If you can help out with this, please email Bob Marvel, email@example.com
Chariho Soccer Spring Competitive Registration Link:
We are in urgent need of volunteers to cover the check-in table for the clinic starting next week! We need adult volunteers to ensure we are following all necessary COVID-19 procedures, including:
Checking in arriving players
Taking temperatures (using a no-contact thermometer)
Asking necessary health questions of the player (5 questions)
If you are able to help us cover the table please contact us ASAP at Volunteers@chariho.com so that we can ensure complete coverage. You will not be there by yourself – there will be at least one board member there at all times.
Thank you in advance for your help!
As we posted back in August, we have postponed our fall recreational season to the spring. However, we are busy organizing and preparing for that and though it may seem a long way away, it will be here before you know it.
In order to be ready for spring we need to line up volunteers, especially coaches and referees. If you (or someone you know) would be interested in helping out in this capacity please reach out to us so that we can add you to our list and include you as we progress with planning. You don’t need to have prior experience with either, just an enthusiasm and desire to be involved in a great sport and help our kids enjoy it as well!
We are always looking for volunteers for other tasks and activities and will try to post specific needs but if you have any interest in helping us out – even only for limited activities or time-frames – we would love to hear from you. Please email Volunteers@chariho.com if you are interested so that we can add you to our volunteer list. You don’t need to commit to anything – we will contact you for specific needs and find out if you can assist at that time.
Finally, if you want to be more than casually involved, we are in search of additional board members, including At-Large members who don’t have specific responsibilities, just helping out other board members. We are a great team and would love to welcome others! If you are interested you can email Volunteers@chariho.com also.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please know with a heavy heart we are announcing the Chariho Youth Soccer Recreational Fall season is postponed till the Spring and the Competitive Fall season is cancelled due to the pandemic. Guidance from regulatory agencies like Soccer RI and state officials is still restricting play and continues to change making it difficult to plan. We are taking measures to secure other training options for players and should have registration links available shortly for skills trainings if we stay in phase 3. More to come please understand this is a volunteer organization who struggled to make this decision as we all want our kids to play but feel the safety of our players and coaches needs to be the priority in these unprecedented times. Thank you for your understanding.
The CYSA Board
Hello Again Chariho Soccer Families and Volunteers! We’d like to share an update with you about the Chariho Youth Soccer Association this fall.
CYSA continuously receives updates from Soccer RI and Super Liga. The CYSA Board thoroughly reviewed the survey results about the fall season and discussed various options. CYSA continues to ensure the safety of our players, coaches, and referees.
CYSA is sorry to announce that fall Competitive and Recreational soccer has been cancelled due to the pandemic.
As we are all disappointed in the lack of guidance from our government on fall sports, considering all known risks and assumptions, a decision was made based on facts we know today. There is not enough guidance/understanding to continue with building out teams for the fall while following social distancing.
You may be aware that recently both Massachusetts and Connecticut have reduced soccer from a high-risk to moderate-risk activity allowing for inter-team practices and games. However, Soccer RI has been in frequent contact with RIDOH and communicated to us that RIDOH has expressed repeated concerns about continuous physical contact and players breathing on each other. At this time, RI does not allow for inter-team games.
The CYSA Board and volunteers are still working out the details to offer some fall soccer clinics, and the Board also voted to run a Spring Rec season in addition to the regular Spring Competitive season. Stay tuned for fall clinic registration updates.
Please remember that we are all volunteers and are doing our best to plan for our return to the fields in the spring. Continue to stay safe and healthy during these challenging times.
Please reach out to us with any questions or concerns. Thank you to our Chariho Soccer community for your understanding and continued support.
CYSA has several Board of Director openings right now, but the Director of Referees position in particular needs to be filled immediately so that we can begin to prepare for the upcoming season.
The Director of Referees is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the referees, and perform duties to include:
- Recruiting new referees
- Coordinating training and certification for referees
- Maintain records of certified referees, including contact information
- Manage scheduling of referees for recreational games
- Manage and coordinate payments to referees
- Coordinate game-day tasks and record-keeping performed by refereed
- Compile game records and maintain records of game results
The Director of Referees does not need to be a referee or have refereeing experience, we need someone who has skills in organizing and coordinating activities, as well as good record keeping abilities.
If anyone is interested in taking on the challenge, please reach out to any of the other directors, or call in to the next board meeting (dates, times and locations are on the calendar).
Other positions needing to be filled include:
- Director of Equipment
- Director of Fundraising
Additionally, there are two Member-at-Large openings which would be ideal for someone wishing to help out but unsure of how they can/want to.
Please reach out or call into the monthly meetings if you have any questions.
To attend the AGM, please use the information below to join the meeting:
CYSA Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Jun 4 @ 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm
This event has a video call.
+1 260-225-9213 PIN: 874545256#
View more phone numbers: https://tel.meet/qow-stnu-axx?pin=8398067580820&hs=7
Reminder: The CYSA Annual General Meeting will be held on Thursday, June 4th. Some amendments and updates to the CYSA Constitution were proposed at the last monthly membership meeting held on May 7th. These proposed changes can be viewed below. Due to the COVID-19 situation, the AGM cannot be held in-person. We are still investigating how to allow CYSA public membership participation through a virtual AGM meeting online. More information will be provided here if and when we find the right solution. Additionally, you can always visit the Board of Directors page to email any of the Board Members with questions, concerns, or feedback. As always we thank all of our soccer players, families, volunteers, and sponsors and continue to look forward to the day we will all enjoy soccer together on the fields again!
Superliga has cancelled the Spring 2020 Competitive Season. Chariho Youth Soccer will provide a 100% reimbursement for fees within the next 7-10 days. Stay safe⚽️⚽️⚽️