The Fall 2021 Recreational Leage match schedules are now available. Click on the desired link below to download the .pdf file.
NOTE: The U4 group will play from 9:00 to 9:45 AM every Saturday at one of the U6 fields.
Attention CYSA families!
We are looking for volunteers, ages 10+ (with adult supervision) to help us open our snack shack during the fall season. We are looking for 2 volunteers per shift to run the shack for 1-2 hours on saturdays starting September 11- November 6.
- 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
- 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
- 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- 11:00 AM – 12:00 AM
As we get closer to the fall recreational and competitive seasons, we want to remind everyone that the success of the Chariho Youth Soccer Association depends on the efforts and dedication of its volunteers. We have a terrific core group of volunteers, and would love to see more people join us!
We do have director positions we need to fill, and the details on those are at the end of this post, but we would really like to get people to help in small ways with our day-to-day activities. The more volunteers we have, the easier the work is.
To that end we have compiled a list of tasks that our directors could really use help with. These tasks are listed by the various areas we have director positions for. Please look through the list and see if there is something there you would like to get involved with. If you have an interest that isn’t listed we probably need it but don’t yet know it, so reach out anyway!
You can contact us at Volunteers@chariho.com to get more information or to let us know you can help. As an all-volunteer board, we are working on new ways to grow and sustain both our recreational and competitive programming. But in order for us to be effective, we really need YOU! Please consider stepping up and getting involved to ensure the sustainability of Chariho Youth Soccer!
- help with reading through and responding to emails
- helping to correct registration issues
- Saturday mornings to set up flags and ensure goals are in place, get tables setup, etc.
- Moving goals before mowing every week (Monday evenings)
- Help organizing and distributing equipment to coaches before season starts
- Taking inventory of equipment, assessing condition, and identifying replacement needs
- Man tables during Saturday games to provide assistance and information to players and families
- Call or go to businesses to offer sponsorship information
- Deliver informational pamphlets or make calls to deliver the information
- Help generate ideas to develop future fundraising activities
- Recreation picture day volunteers to keep things moving and organize and queue up teams
- Help generate ideas for and/or organize other events
- Coaches and referees are ALWAYS needed!
The following director positions are currently open.
Director of Referees
- Ensure that referees and/or assistant referees are assigned to all scheduled soccer games
- Recruit new referees and provide training, assessments and upgrades for all CYSA referees
- Present a report at each Monthly Membership Meeting, and at such other times as directed by the Board of Directors, as to the status of the Association’s referees’ activities
Director of Fundraising
- Coordinate all fundraising activities for the Association
- Record and transfer all fundraising income to the Treasurer
- Obtain sponsorship for Fall Recreational Teams
- Present a report at each Monthly Membership Meeting, and at such other times as directed by the Board of Directors, as to the status of the Association’s fund-raising activities
Director of Equipment
- Compile and maintain an accurate and up-to-date inventory of all soccer equipment owned by the Association.
- Ensure that each piece of soccer equipment is in good working order, is safe to use, and is stored properly when not in use
- Distribute/collect soccer equipment to/from all coaches
- Provide recommendations to the Board of Directors for purchasing new equipment so that quantities are sufficient to meet the needs of the Association
- Present a report at each Monthly Membership Meeting, and at such other times as directed by the Board of Directors, as to the status of the
- Association’s equipment
Member at Large (two positions open)
- The two (2) Members-at-Large will assist in governing the association by attending meetings, helping in any area that may require assistance, and serving on committees
LOOKING TO EARN SOME EXTRA CASH ON THE WEEKEND??
REFEREES CAN MAKE $20 TO $30 A WEEKEND OR MORE!!
YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A PLAYER, JUST LEARN THE RULES.
To be a referee you MUST:
· Be 12 years old or in the Seventh grade in September 2020
· Attend referee clinics (Date & Time TBD)
· Pass an online test
If you are interested in attending the clinic, please follow the link below and complete the form so we have your contact information and can reach out to you when the clinic is scheduled.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, OR WOULD LIKE MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT OUR DIRECTOR OF REFEREES at firstname.lastname@example.org
REGISTER HERE for fall tryouts.
This registration process is for tryouts only. You will not pay anything at this time, but players MUST REGISTER online in order for them to try out.
Tryouts will be held on 6/21 for boys from 5:30 -7:00 and 6/22 for girls from 5:30 – 7:00 at Ninigret Park. If you are unable to make one of those times please contact Stephanie at email@example.com.
After tryouts are finished and teams are formed, players will be informed about making their respective teams. At that point you will be expected to pay the registration fee for the fall season.
Again, you must register online in order to take part in tryouts. There is no other way to tryout. If the player is not registered for tryouts, then they will not be able to participate. We look forward to seeing you on June 21st and June 22nd.
Please make sure your player brings plenty of water and wears their green jersey so we can easily identify them. Thank you!
Bring your A-Game and we’ll see you on the fields soon!
NOTE: If you have not created a new GotSport account since 2020, you will need to create a new one now. All GotSport accounts prior to 2020 were removed by SoccerRI.
The CYSA Fall Recreational Soccer Program is open to children of all abilities.
The focus of the program is FUN and skill development for ages 3 to 15.
REGISTRATION OPENS MAY 28, 2021
Register before June 30th to avoid late fees (registration closes on July 15th)
Covid guidelines, if any, will be determined closer to September. CYSA will adhere to all RIDOH and SoccerRI guidelines.
2021 Fall Rec Soccer games start September 11th and will run through November 6th (No games 10/9)
All games are played on Saturdays between 8am – 1pm at Ninigret Park in Charlestown
Practices Begin after August 20th – Times and Locations Vary by Coach
2021-2022 CYSA Rec Club Fees:
May 28th – June 30th: $60.00/player, $150.00/Family
July 1st – July 15th: $100/player
No late registrations accepted after July 15th this year. We can no longer accept registrations beyond July 15th in order to ensure we have uniforms for every player and coaching needs are fulfilled.
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW COACHES – WE NEED YOU!!!
- No coaching experience necessary, you just need to be willing to have FUN!!!
- All coaches require a background check and must complete an online abuse prevention course
- Go to this link to register today
Email email@example.com for more info
NEW CHARIHO REC SOCCER UNIFORMS!
These high quality athletic uniforms will display our Chariho pride on the field every Rec Saturday! You can keep and re-use them every year, until they are out grown, or hand them down.
The jersey shirt, shorts, and socks combo is $20 per player. But for this 2021 season only, CYSA will provide the entire uniform to all Rec Soccer players at no cost to our families!
SEE YOU ON THE FIELDS!
We are excited to partner with Luke Perry Academy (LPA) to offer this opportunity to get the kids on the fields having fun with soccer this spring while also maintaining a healthy and safe playing environment!
With over twenty years of combined experiences in professional, collegiate and youth soccer, the mission of LPA is to offer the highest level of professional soccer coaching in a fun, exciting and safe environment.
These clinics will be run on Mondays and Saturdays starting on April 26th. The last session will be held on Saturday June 12th (NOTE: There will be no sessions during Memorial Day weekend on Saturday May 29th and Monday May 31st).
Monday dates: 4/26, 5/3, 5/10, 5/17, 5/24, 6/7
Saturday dates: 5/1, 5/8, 5/15, 5/22, 6/5, 6/12
All sessions will be held at the Ninigret Park soccer fields. On Mondays, the Academy will run from 4:30-5:30pm for U6-U8 players and 5:45-6:45 pm for U9-U12 players. On Saturdays, the Academy will run from 10:00-11:00AM for all age groups. Please arrive 5-10 minutes early for each session for check-in.
Monday’s sessions will include small technical warm-up games, fun activities, and skills learned in a controlled, competitive environment. Saturday’s sessions provide an opportunity for the players to apply their skills learned in a variety of fun games, activities and competitions.
Prior to the start of each session a CYSA volunteer will be present to check players’ temperatures, ask to verify no COVID symptoms, and verify the player has no known potential exposure to COVID before they can enter the field of play.
Players will be required to bring their own equipment: cleats, shin guards, a ball, water bottle, and face mask are required to participate in each session.
The cost for the 6-week, 12 session Academy is $100 per player.
Registration acceptance will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. Your registration will cover all 12 sessions (but no refunds will be given regardless of actual number of sessions played, which may be dependent on changing COVID guidelines and/or weather).
This clinic will most likely sell out – we will start a waitlist if necessary and look into bringing in more staff or volunteers but there are no guarantees of acceptance if a player is on the waitlist so please register for your spot today!
At a minimum it is understood that players will wear a mask at all times. All non-players (parents/guardians and volunteers) must wear a mask at all times, adhere to social distance guidelines, and stay off the field of play.
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback please email me, Jim McCabe: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello again Chariho Soccer community, we need referees this spring and a couple more U8 boys.
If you have a boy born between 2013 and 2015 who wants to play competitive soccer, this is the time to join. It’s a new team and this is a unique playing season without tryouts, which makes this the best time to jump into competitive soccer and get a head start before everyone else returns next fall. We need a couple more boys to round out our U8 boys team and ensure there are subs for all games.
We’re extending registration for U8 boys only, and you can follow this link to register:
You can reach out to the Competitive Director, Stephanie Rice at email@example.com if you have any questions about competitive play.
…WE ALSO NEED REFS…
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN EARNING SOME CASH AS A SOCCER REFEREE THIS SPRING? Great way for kids 13 and up, as well as adults, to earn extra money.
Time-sensitive action is required for any players that wish to play on a competitive team this spring. In order to have a season we will need families and players to complete registration by February 14. Please read below for more information.
Bottom line up front:
- Any families interested in playing competitive soccer this spring must register by February 14th! Unfortunately there will be no exceptions to this date due to the very tight deadline with the state!
- Due to COVID restrictions, Chariho Youth Soccer Association (CYSA) has decided to run a competitive (travel) league only at this time.
- There will be no tryouts. All players are invited to register, but registration does not guarantee team placement – if participation numbers are high our limiting factor will likely be availability of certified coaches.
- Competitive fees remain unchanged, $125 per player. There is no fee to register for consideration. Fees are only due if player is rostered on a team. Should the spring season be cancelled prior to the first two weekends of play, Super Liga will refund 50% of fees. After the second weekend of the season there will be no refunds.
- Games begin the weekend of 4/10 and run until 6/12. No games Memorial Day weekend.
- If you are a new player or need new competitive uniforms you will need to place your order before March 6th (ordering information will be provided in a separate email to players who are placed on a team).
- COVID guidelines from Super Liga for players and spectators are included at the bottom of this message. All players must wear face coverings at all times, including while playing on the field. Every player will be allowed two spectators at each game. All spectators must wear a mask at all time and remain at least 14’ from the field and social distance at least 6’ from other spectators.
- Each team must have one or two volunteer COVID-19 coordinators at every home game that will monitor and enforce COVID-19 guidelines for players, coaches, referees, and spectators. These COVID coordinators cannot be players, coaches, or refs so we will need parents to help out with this and will provide the information/training to those that can help. Coaches will coordinate this with parents for their individual teams. This is a Super Liga requirement we must fulfill in order to play. If you can help out with this, please email Bob Marvel, firstname.lastname@example.org
Chariho Soccer Spring Competitive Registration Link: