As we get closer to the fall recreational and competitive seasons, we want to remind everyone that the success of the Chariho Youth Soccer Association depends on the efforts and dedication of its volunteers. We have a terrific core group of volunteers, and would love to see more people join us!
We do have director positions we need to fill, and the details on those are at the end of this post, but we would really like to get people to help in small ways with our day-to-day activities. The more volunteers we have, the easier the work is.
To that end we have compiled a list of tasks that our directors could really use help with. These tasks are listed by the various areas we have director positions for. Please look through the list and see if there is something there you would like to get involved with. If you have an interest that isn’t listed we probably need it but don’t yet know it, so reach out anyway!
You can contact us at Volunteers@chariho.com to get more information or to let us know you can help. As an all-volunteer board, we are working on new ways to grow and sustain both our recreational and competitive programming. But in order for us to be effective, we really need YOU! Please consider stepping up and getting involved to ensure the sustainability of Chariho Youth Soccer!
- help with reading through and responding to emails
- helping to correct registration issues
- Saturday mornings to set up flags and ensure goals are in place, get tables setup, etc.
- Moving goals before mowing every week (Monday evenings)
- Help organizing and distributing equipment to coaches before season starts
- Taking inventory of equipment, assessing condition, and identifying replacement needs
- Man tables during Saturday games to provide assistance and information to players and families
- Call or go to businesses to offer sponsorship information
- Deliver informational pamphlets or make calls to deliver the information
- Help generate ideas to develop future fundraising activities
- Recreation picture day volunteers to keep things moving and organize and queue up teams
- Help generate ideas for and/or organize other events
- Coaches and referees are ALWAYS needed!
The following director positions are currently open.
Director of Referees
- Ensure that referees and/or assistant referees are assigned to all scheduled soccer games
- Recruit new referees and provide training, assessments and upgrades for all CYSA referees
- Present a report at each Monthly Membership Meeting, and at such other times as directed by the Board of Directors, as to the status of the Association’s referees’ activities
Director of Fundraising
- Coordinate all fundraising activities for the Association
- Record and transfer all fundraising income to the Treasurer
- Obtain sponsorship for Fall Recreational Teams
- Present a report at each Monthly Membership Meeting, and at such other times as directed by the Board of Directors, as to the status of the Association’s fund-raising activities
Director of Equipment
- Compile and maintain an accurate and up-to-date inventory of all soccer equipment owned by the Association.
- Ensure that each piece of soccer equipment is in good working order, is safe to use, and is stored properly when not in use
- Distribute/collect soccer equipment to/from all coaches
- Provide recommendations to the Board of Directors for purchasing new equipment so that quantities are sufficient to meet the needs of the Association
- Present a report at each Monthly Membership Meeting, and at such other times as directed by the Board of Directors, as to the status of the
- Association’s equipment
Member at Large (two positions open)
- The two (2) Members-at-Large will assist in governing the association by attending meetings, helping in any area that may require assistance, and serving on committees