CYSA Maddie Potts Scholarship
The Chariho Youth Soccer Association will be awarding a non-recurring $500.00 scholarship, The CYSA Maddie Potts Scholarship, to one eligible graduating High School senior male and female.
The following requirements must be met before applying for this scholarship:
- You must have played for a minimum of three years within the CYSA organization at the U8 level or higher. Time played will be verified by CYSA.
- You must be accepted by an accredited postgraduate school and will be attending no later than September 2018.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher at your High School.
- Provide a copy of your transcripts.
- Provide documentation of a minimum of 6 hours community service during your High School years.
- Provide a one page essay (typed and double spaced) telling us how your community service benefits you and your community.
This scholarship is not based on financial need. The letter of recommendation and copy of your transcripts are only for verification of your consistency as a student and that you will have a reasonable chance of graduating from your chosen post-graduate school.
Please complete the attached personal information sheet, or obtain one a copy at www.chariho.com and return it to the guidance department with two copies of the required documentation no later than April 27, 2018.
Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
All information provided is confidential and for the exclusive use of the CYSA Scholarship Committee. Judging will be accomplished anonymously by a committee of CYSA Coaches, Volunteers and Board members. The winners will be announced at the senior awards night or the following CYSA Board meeting.
CYSA reserves the right to post the names and likenesses of the winners on the CYSA website.