Time-sensitive action is required for any players that wish to play on a competitive team this spring. In order to have a season we will need families and players to complete registration by February 14. Please read below for more information.
Bottom line up front:
- Any families interested in playing competitive soccer this spring must register by February 14th! Unfortunately there will be no exceptions to this date due to the very tight deadline with the state!
- Due to COVID restrictions, Chariho Youth Soccer Association (CYSA) has decided to run a competitive (travel) league only at this time.
- There will be no tryouts. All players are invited to register, but registration does not guarantee team placement – if participation numbers are high our limiting factor will likely be availability of certified coaches.
- Competitive fees remain unchanged, $125 per player. There is no fee to register for consideration. Fees are only due if player is rostered on a team. Should the spring season be cancelled prior to the first two weekends of play, Super Liga will refund 50% of fees. After the second weekend of the season there will be no refunds.
- Games begin the weekend of 4/10 and run until 6/12. No games Memorial Day weekend.
- If you are a new player or need new competitive uniforms you will need to place your order before March 6th (ordering information will be provided in a separate email to players who are placed on a team).
- COVID guidelines from Super Liga for players and spectators are included at the bottom of this message. All players must wear face coverings at all times, including while playing on the field. Every player will be allowed two spectators at each game. All spectators must wear a mask at all time and remain at least 14’ from the field and social distance at least 6’ from other spectators.
- Each team must have one or two volunteer COVID-19 coordinators at every home game that will monitor and enforce COVID-19 guidelines for players, coaches, referees, and spectators. These COVID coordinators cannot be players, coaches, or refs so we will need parents to help out with this and will provide the information/training to those that can help. Coaches will coordinate this with parents for their individual teams. This is a Super Liga requirement we must fulfill in order to play. If you can help out with this, please email Bob Marvel, email@example.com
Chariho Soccer Spring Competitive Registration Link: